Associate Commerce Editor
New York, NY
About the Company
Fusion Media Group reaches 100MM unique visitors monthly and FMG includes Gizmodo Media Group, Onion Inc, Splinter News and The Root among other platforms and networks.
About the Role
The award-winning Commerce Team at Gizmodo Media Group presents the best deals and products from around the web to over 100 million monthly US readers across the Gizmodo and Fusion portfolios of websites. The candidate chosen for the role of Associate Commerce Editor will help scour the internet for deals on great products (while sorting out the crap), develop relationships with merchants and retailers, and present the best sales to Kinja Deals readers in the form of punchy, compelling blog posts.
Deep knowledge of brands, retailers, and products is a must for this position, as well as the ability to communicate and work effectively with our team, and alongside our Editorial staff. The candidate needn’t be an expert in every product category, but should be passionate about some, and willing to research and learn about others on a daily basis.
Things You Should Have:
- At least 2 years of Editorial experience combined with a strong interest in eCommerce
- Deep product knowledge and passion
- Killer blogging skills and a voice that fits the GMG tone
- A strong interest in reader satisfaction, conversion, and analytics
- Deep gaming and/or pop culture acumen
- Affinity with 3 or more of the GMG/FMG editorial brands
- Willingness to contribute on weekends and/or evenings
What You’ll Do:
- Create Commerce Content, including Kinja Deals posts and product recommendations
- Trawl the Internet for the best deals and coolest products in a variety of categories
- Work with our affiliate partners to bring great deals and exclusives to our readers
- Write, edit, create images, Tweet, and interact with readers
- Gauge and improve performance using data from Amazon Associates, Skimlinks, Google Analytics, etc.